DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP-800 Timeouts

More
10 Jul 2013 10:03 #1 by gntl
AP-800 Timeouts was created by gntl
We have had the following issue on our AP-800, which had been swapped out under warrenty, with exactly the same issue, and have finally sent them back for refund, just wondering if anyone else has similar issues, or an idea of why we had the issues:

Email to Support:
===============
We purchased this Access Point to replace our old Wifi Router, and have found it to have a shorter range, and very unstable. The problem is definately with the AP and not our ISP or internal network, as the tests we are carrying out are to do with timeouts to internal LAN IP addresses while opening network files.

Testing carried out:

Constant pinging an internal address, whilst performing day to day activities, such copying small files, opening documents, and some basic internet browsing. We see that the time on the ping output increases from the average 1-2ms > 140 > 640 > request timed out.

We have applied the latest firmware, and even purchased the Draytek 5dbi antennas, which gives the same results.

We have carried out Factory rests, tried using the AP with no Encryption (no password), and different options such as G Only, N Only, Mixed.

We have moved the AP around the premises and switched off all other AP/Routers, and also played around with Channels, confirming there is not many neighbour AP's, and no overlaps.

We have tried everything we can, and are very disapointed, considering this is not a cheap AP.

The final test was to switch back to our old router, a Netgear WNDR3800, and all tests performed 100% no loss.

Further tests we carried out was with 2 Laptops, each connected to the 2 routers, and then swap the conneciton later on. On both tests the Netgear had no issues, but Draytek timed out.

Universal Repeater mode also tested. The Station using LAN connection on the AP-800 worked fine, no packet loss, but as soon as we used the AP-800 as an AP, packets were lost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2013 11:15 #2 by rickblackdog
Replied by rickblackdog on topic Re: AP-800 Timeouts
Hi, unfortunately I've got 4 x AP-800s and I'm seeing packet loss on all of them intermittently. It's v frustrating for users in those locations. No packet loss when connected directly to the 2850Vn.

I may just sell them all.

More
10 Oct 2013 12:04 #3 by gntl
Replied by gntl on topic Re: AP-800 Timeouts

rickblackdog wrote: Hi, unfortunately I've got 4 x AP-800s and I'm seeing packet loss on all of them intermittently. It's v frustrating for users in those locations. No packet loss when connected directly to the 2850Vn.

I may just sell them all.

So I am not the only one. I sent mine back for a refund in the end.

I did borrow one from a colleague (older revision) and that one worked fine, even after updating to the latest firmware. Hopefully Draytek will look into this further, and provide a fix for future.

Moderators: Sami