DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n network problem

More
31 Jul 2013 12:59 #1 by kappa
2830n network problem was created by kappa
I have a client with a Vigor 2830n running firmware v.3.3.6.1. There is no problem connecting to the wireless LAN associated wit h this device. However, I cannot link up to an Epson printer which has a wired connection to the router from a wirelessly connected laptop. I can ping the router's LAN IP address and access the Internet but can't ping the printer. A wired desktop can ping the printer.

There is a Netgear wireless access point also connected up to the router with a different SSID. When connected to this wireless network the laptop does connect to the printer and can ping it.

The router does NOT have VLAN configuration enabled. The router's single SSID does not have the "Isolate member" or "Isolate VPN" ticked. All wired PCs can connect to the Internet and all LAN devices including the printer. As far as I can see the firewall has 'out of the box' standard settings.

Any suggestion as to how I can get wirelessly connected laptops to access the printer?

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Wallace
Kappa Computer
Stirling, Scotland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2013 11:54 #2 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: 2830n network problem
You are on an old firware, it would be worth changing that to start with.
Also try making the wireless mode B&G only instead of B G and N. This sometimes works

More
09 Sep 2013 13:03 #3 by iandrews
Replied by iandrews on topic Re: 2830n network problem
What physical Draytek port(s) are the PC(s) and the printer on. I had an issue recently where everything was connected off Port 1, and when I was on the Draytek wi-fi I could access anything I wanted too ok. However I moved a few things around, and ended up plugging some PCs / Servers into port 2. Stuff on port 1 and 2 could "see" each other, and on wi-fi I could "see" stuff on Port 1, but not port 2. Upgraded my firmware to the latest version, and all then worked as expected.

Moderators: Sami