Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP700 setup question

• andy l
  • Topic Author
More
13 Oct 2013 11:10 #1 by andy l
AP700 setup question was created by andy l
Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased an AP700 v2 and updated it to firmware version 1.08. I want to use it to improve the wireless coverage in the upstairs rooms of my house (my Billion 7800n covers the downstairs rooms) but still on the same WLAN - i.e. one for the whole house.

I don't really want to use the AP700's Universal Repeater mode as I've had my house wired for CAT6 Ethernet so have several network wall sockets upstairs, which the AP700 is connected to. When I sent the AP700 to Access Point mode, it creates a separate WLAN by default - if I set the WLAN to have the same SSID and WPA2 key as the one provided by my Billion router, that WLAN then disappears, leaving only the router's WLAN.

Is there a way to have the AP700 connected to a wired Ethernet port but also extend the range of my existing WLAN at the same time? If so, how do I configure this? Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
14 Oct 2013 10:30 #2 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: AP700 setup question
It wont, I needs to be in repeater mode, Separate SSID would be the answer as IMO repeater mode doesn't work very well on these.

• andy l
  • Topic Author
More
14 Oct 2013 20:29 #3 by andy l
Replied by andy l on topic Re: AP700 setup question
OK thanks - was hoping that wouldn't be the case but suspected it might...