DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Can I direct built in WiFi users to a specific WAN port?

• robster
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Dec 2013 11:50 #1 by robster
Hi

I have two broadband connections on my 2860n, on WAN1 and WAN2.

I have 2 IP addresses that always use WAN2, all the rest use WAN1.

Everything fine so far.

Most of my WiFi connections are made through an Apple Time Capsule AC which is connected to a Switch and then to my 2860n.

The built in WiFI on the 2860n is used very little, mainly guests.

I would like to be able to direct ALL internet traffic for anyone connecting through the built in WiFi to WAN2, the slower and more lightly loaded connection but I cannot seem to figure out how to make this happen or indeed if it is even possible?

So the simple question is, can I direct any and all traffic from a user connecting to the built in WiFi to a specific WAN port and if so HOW? :D

Cheers.

Robin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
13 Dec 2013 16:12 #2 by sicon
The best way would be to create a VLAN for the Wifi and then create a load balance policy to send that out via which ever interface you want

• robster
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Dec 2013 18:13 #3 by robster
Hi

If I set it up as a VLAN, I think it will stop me accessing anything internally like printers etc?

I don't really want that, I want it to be part of the home network BUT any internet traffic going through a Wifi user is routed to WAN2.

Really appreciate the response though.

Regards.

Robin

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
16 Dec 2013 10:39 #4 by sicon
I don't think you can separate the device per SSID then unless you know the MAC address of the connecting devices
that way you can forward them out of the chosen WAN

• robster
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Dec 2013 10:49 #5 by robster
Bugger.........

I thought it would be really useful to be able to have one of my WiFi connections use the more lightly used broadband, then I could connect and device/comouter to that specific wifi when I needed to.

Real shame that. :-(

Many thanks of your help.

Robin

• happychap
  • User
  • User
More
25 Oct 2018 21:45 #6 by happychap
Does anyone know if this is still the case or whether more recent firmware upgrades have allowed this (the original post is quite a few years old now).

I'm trying to do something very similar; I want to send all traffic from a particular SSID on my Vigor2862ac to a specific WAN but not isolate that SSID to a segregated VLAN.

Unforunately, I can't see how to do it either (maybe still not possible?).

Any thoughts?

Thanks, David.