DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New 2860n in reset loop, then loses wifi

• alex_vfrmedia
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2014 19:58 #1 by alex_vfrmedia
New 2860n in reset loop, then loses wifi was created by alex_vfrmedia
Earlier this week I purchased a 2860n via a well known IT reseller my employer uses. I am getting the FTTC installed at my home (I often work remotely) and have installed with success 2810 and 2820n routers at various sites at my work, as well as a local community radio station. They have pretty much worked "out of the box".

However, the 2860n when first powered up worked for a bit, then suddenly went into a reset loop and (eventually) comes back as a 2860 (even the web interface shows this). if you leave the device unpowered for a few hours and plug it back in first the reset loops starts, then it turns off its wireless capability.

It does seem to be stable as a "2860"

This is already an active support case with Draytek UK - to be fair they did respond a few hours after I had sent the support request in (the web form does not automatically confirm its been assigned or send an acknowledgement email) and I have been sent me a link to some beta/rc firmware, but unfortunately that doesn't solve the problem, and it looks like this router will have to be returned, which is annoying as I had taken some time off from work to set everything up well in advance and at least I was able to borrow some backup equipment so the FTTC install will not leave me totally without Internet whilst the dealers and Draytek sort out the RMA procedure - but this is the first time I've had serious issues with Draytek kit or an out of the box faulty piece of equipment (which was a common risk in the late 90s but rare today).

I have seen posts mentioning similar behaviour with other Draytek devices, and little mention of any solutions (I have already tried all the obvious things such as hard resets, firmware flashes etc). maybe there is a common fault across many of them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.