DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP800 dual WLAN and IOS problems

More
25 Mar 2014 11:40 #1 by arad
AP800 dual WLAN and IOS problems was created by arad
Hi,

We have 3 AP800s in use at multiple locations, with similar problems at each site. All devices are running 1.1.3.

Model: VigorAP 800
Firmware Version: 1.1.3
Build Date/Time: r3770 Thu Jan 9 09:27:15 CST 2014
Operation Mode: AP

All are using mixed-mode TKIP/AES, all have MAC address filtering turned on.

Problems by device:

Device 1: Can't connect from IOS devices. They appear in the client list for 2 or 3 seconds then disconnect. IOS device reports unable to connect to network. Also sometimes refuses to connect any devices at all until restarted.

Devices 2 and 3 are setup slightly differently; both are simulating 2 APs. For each one, SSID 1 is using LAN-A, SSID 2 is using LAN-B.
Both these devices seem to run for a day or so then stop responding completely; the wifi is present but you can't connect to it. The device doesn't ping from the LAN and there's no web interface access. Also, IOS devices can't connect... some of the time. Android and Window's laptops are OK provided the device hasn't locked up.

All devices were powered via PoE so I tried powering them directly with the DC unit supplied with the kit. No change.

Has anyone else seen this? The older two of the three units worked fine until I changed the names of the wlans and the passwords. I also standardised the mode between them. I'm not sure if the problem is caused by the encryption method or the firmware.

Any comments or suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alexander.jordan
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
17 Apr 2014 23:56 #2 by alexander.jordan
Replied by alexander.jordan on topic Re: AP800 dual WLAN and IOS problems
same shit here random dropouts wlan and lan connected devices.

IOS and osx devices but printers 2 only hardware power down restores
internet for a day

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
18 Apr 2014 09:39 #3 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: AP800 dual WLAN and IOS problems

alexander.jordan wrote: same s**t (language moderated) here random dropouts wlan and lan connected devices.

IOS and osx devices but printers 2 only hardware power down restores
internet for a day

there is a new firmware 1.1.4 ... did not use it with ios to be honest but for 2 days i had it on, did not face any issues, seems stable
If you will use the new firmware master reset after loaded the new firmware to avoid previous bugs and do back the settings from the begin or (if you have too many settings use the backup file, but this is the last option)
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/VigorAP%20800/Firmware/v1.1.4/