Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP800 Blocking all connectivity

• hyperhedgy
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jul 2014 12:52 #1 by hyperhedgy
AP800 Blocking all connectivity was created by hyperhedgy
Hi Guys,
I'm having a really odd issue with a Draytek AP800 where after just under 24 hours the entire network just stops communicating completely, you can't ping anything, can't access the router, but as soon as the AP is unplugged, instant internet.
We have a Draytek Vigor 2830 router with DHCP disable and an an Windows SBS 2008 providing DHCP and DNS. We wanted to boost the wireless signal as our office is some distance away from the wireless router so i configured an AP800 with the same SSID and password but on a different channel and plugged it in. It worked perfectly for about 24 hours then everything stopped working, we couldn't ping the server even using the IP address, no internet, nothing. I unplug the access point as it is the only thing that has changed, connectivity is instantly back, plug it back in, instantly gone. I try again a few days later and it works fine again, but wait 24 hours and everything drops out again.
Any ideas?
Any questions?

I hope someone can help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jul 2014 13:29 #2 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: AP800 Blocking all connectivity
I had mine (with DHCP off at the AP 800) with 1.1.4 firmware (but with out servers etc) direct to a 2830 for 4 days on and did not had any issue
Which firmware is running? i am not sure 100% but previews firmware had some related issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.