Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP-800 maximum clients?

• seb spiers
  • Topic Author
More
25 Nov 2014 09:55 #1 by seb spiers
AP-800 maximum clients? was created by seb spiers
Hi Guys,

We have AP-800's dotted around various sites in our business running dual LAN functionality and on the whole they're absolutely fine.

Recently one of our site's has been reporting that some users have been unable to connect to the WiFi, to either SSID.

There APs have a Guest SSID configured on LANB which were using for personal devices such as phones etc and there are a lot of them, I can't say exactly how many but I do have a suspicion that perhaps there are too many devices connected and the AP is rejecting any further connections. Is that possible?

The issues were experiencing are happening in a building with two APs, but only affecting users in one area, so I have swapped the APs around and the issue persists for only the users in the same area, so it's not one AP specifically.

Both APs are running the latest FW.
Model : VigorAP 800
Firmware Version : 1.1.4
Build Date/Time : r3849 Wed Feb 26 15:21:08 CST 2014

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
25 Nov 2014 10:08 #2 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: AP-800 maximum clients?
IIRC 64 is the Max.
What devices are trying to connect, what mode are the access points in? B G or N

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
25 Nov 2014 10:23 #3 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: AP-800 maximum clients?
Latest firmware is 1.1.4.1 if helps

At the menu of Wireless LAN (2.4GHz) >> General Setup (enable clients) it states can take up to 64, i am not sure if you will enable helps (is unticked by tis self but should not make difference?) check if is been ticked with lower value

The other i can think, at the draytek modem (or any other if supports similar feature) ... & Lan > General set up > Lan 1 Details page ... untick " Retrieve IPs from inactive clients periodically" ... if the ap 800 takes dhcp automatic from the modem perhaps they are disconnected
But if are over 64 clients at same time is better idea to leave ticked

If you are using vlan then i am not sure how many should be, perhaps some other member using it can help

More
25 Nov 2014 11:02 #4 by g6ifs
Replied by g6ifs on topic Re: AP-800 maximum clients?
Could you be exceeding DHCP address allocation/lease time?

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
25 Nov 2014 11:31 #5 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: AP-800 maximum clients?
At the ap 800 yes, at LAN >> General Setup>Lease Time ... but only if you have enable the right tab in this page (DHCP Server Configuration)

If you have disable DHCP Server Configuration at Lan > General setup of the Ap (so it takes automatic from the modem) ... then you can do this at the Draytek modem Lan > general setup in the same page as Retrieve IPs from inactive clients periodically, has option for leased time

• seb spiers
  • Topic Author
More
25 Nov 2014 12:16 #6 by seb spiers
Replied by seb spiers on topic Re: AP-800 maximum clients?
I've just upgraded both APs to the latest FW,

Model : VigorAP 800
Firmware Version : 1.1.4.1
Build Date/Time : r4117 Mon Aug 4 13:32:26 CST 2014

I've not got limit client ticketed, and the last time this issue occurred (this morning) having looked at the station list the AP only had 26 clients listed.

Both APs are configured identically (apart from IP address).