Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Sudden poor WiFi performance on Vigor2830

• arp1981
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Jan 2015 16:31 #1 by arp1981
I have been using the Vigor2830 for a few years and it has always provided reliable wireless connectivity. Suddenly, without any change to config that I am aware of, the quality of the WiFi connectivity has dropped. Across multiple PCs, the connection is very slow and glitchy. This only seems to be wifi - I've had no complaints from users who are connected to the 2830 through the wired LAN.

Is there anything I should try to address this, or isolate the issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2015 18:39 #2 by takeo_ischi
Replied by takeo_ischi on topic Re: Sudden poor WiFi performance on Vigor2830

arp1981 wrote: I have been using the Vigor2830 for a few years and it has always provided reliable wireless connectivity. Suddenly, without any change to config that I am aware of, the quality of the WiFi connectivity has dropped. Across multiple PCs, the connection is very slow and glitchy. This only seems to be wifi - I've had no complaints from users who are connected to the 2830 through the wired LAN.

Is there anything I should try to address this, or isolate the issue?

Try changing the channel? Maybe somebody introduced some radio equipment which has degraded your signal quality...

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
28 Jan 2015 21:09 #3 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Sudden poor WiFi performance on Vigor2830
Just to add ... Wireless LAN >> Station List/Ap discovery has empty channels and other wifi activity for helping getting into an empty or weaker channel