DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Multiple 'guest' logins, but limit each to 1hr per day?

• rmap
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Feb 2015 11:58 #1 by rmap

Hi,

Can anyone help me allow multiple 'guest' logins, but limit each session to 1hr per day? Using Vigor 2850n (fw 3.6.6.1)

I have an open SSID for guests. What I'd like to accomplish is this:

• a single 'guest' login (done)

• allow multiple logins (e.g. up to 5 guests at a time), from different devices, using this single account. (done)

• limit each device session to 60 minutes per day. (help please!!)

I was hoping I'd be able to accomplish this by setting Max User Login to 5 and Reset quota to default when scheduling time expired enabled with a default of 60min, and the schedule set to Start at 00:01 for a duration of 23:59.

However if John logs in as 'guest' on his mobile; for 20 minutes. Then Sally logs in as 'guest' on her tablet, it shows Sally only has 40minutes remaining. I'd like each device treated as a separate session. Is this possible?

Just to clarify I'm only interested in accomplishing the above... I do not want WEP/WPA security - this causes us nothing but headaches with visiting dignitaries.
I can't, feasibly, create a separate account for each guest (I'm the only IT person here, and don't have the time to administer this on a daily basis)

I'd really appreciate any help or feedback. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2015 08:24 #2 by takeo_ischi
Somebody else might know better, but it sounds like you'd have to create multiple guest accounts (guest1, guest2, guest3) and give them out on a rolling basis.

On behalf of your users, though, I would ask that you don't limit access by way of time and instead limit it through bandwidth (via General Setup under the Wireless LAN option).

That way I can have something like IRC or Skype open on my PC, or a messaging application on my phone all day and yet use very little bandwidth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.