DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Wireless on 2830n suddenly died (No LED)

• n1koolkat
  • Topic Author
More
13 Apr 2015 07:06 #1 by n1koolkat
Wireless on 2830n suddenly died (No LED) was created by n1koolkat
I've only had this router for 6 months and it has been working fine when yesterday i noticed the SSID had stopped broadcasting. I rebooted the router to no avail then noticed the Wireless ON/OFF/WPS LED on the front was not lit. I noticed it can be depressed so pressed it and waited, then pressed it again and waited. Nothing, so logged on to the router and noticed wifi was disabled, I reenabled it saved the configuration and rebooted. (I do a lot of saving and rebooting on these units as i've noticed they sometimes not retain their any changes to their configuration) Anyway, it didnt help.

Just to confirm the settings, I disabled the wifi from the browser, saved, rebooted and the reenabled the wifi. It appears to be enabled in the browser but its not broadcasting. I then restored a previous configuration which i had backed up. Nothing. I updated the firmware to the current 3.6.8_sb_232201. Still nothing

I then did a manufacture reset and reconfigured. Still nothing. The SSID is not broadcasting, Wifi is enabled according to the browser and the SSID should be broadcasting but it isnt and i've tried another SSID to no avail. The LED is not lit and i have no wifi.

(The wired network is working fine btw)

Am i missing something obvious or should i be looking to returning the unit under warranty. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2015 10:25 #2 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Wireless on 2830n suddenly died (No LED)
Not sure if will help ..
Load the first firmware 3.3.6 with the *rst* file extention
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2830/Firmware/
Then load the latest with *rst* again
Before use any backup file see if wireless is up and running normal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami