DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n WLAN on but no WiFi or SSID Being Broadcasted

• masetorq
  • Topic Author
More
01 May 2015 09:24 #1 by masetorq
Hi All,

Recently needed to turn on the internal WLAN to allow wireless access. So, turned on WLAN *enable wireless LAN* (light turned on on box), gave the SSID a name. Nothing. Can't see anything being broadcast on my smartphone, iPad or laptop. Nothing at all.

I tried upgrading to the latest firmware* (3.6.8.) still no SSID being broadcast. (that caused POP and DNS problems, so I downgraded again (3.6.7), but that's a different story)

BTW I'm fully aware to use the right version of firmware as the dual band version screws the wireless on the single band version. But I have single band V1 2830n and I've used the right version of firmware.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2015 18:23 #2 by piste basher
Forgive the question but you don't have Hide SSID ticked or MAC address filters enabled under Access Control by any chance?

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
01 May 2015 19:47 #3 by babis3g
to add make sure the antennas are tight at the back of the unit
Also make sure at front left (top of the reset button) you have not disabled the wifi by mistake from the button named wireless lan / on/off/wps

• masetorq
  • Topic Author
More
02 May 2015 16:50 #4 by masetorq
Thanks for suggestions chaps.

To confirm; Hide SSID is not ticked, MAC ACL is not selected and aerials are nice and tight. WLAN light is lit so I don't think the little black wps button is the problem.

I'm starting to think there's a hardware fault on the WLAN chip or similar.

Thanks for help anyway.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
02 May 2015 20:19 #5 by babis3g
when changed the firmwares (downgrade/update again) did you use the RST file extension? because if is a conflict in the drivers the RST heps for a clean intsal

• masetorq
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2015 17:08 #6 by masetorq
Hi, apologies for late response. Yes, I didn't really want to do anything as drastic as a full reset of the router as it is a live router for a small business and it drives our wireless AP infrastructure too. However, it looks as though to try and get the internal WLAN working it's the only way to try to fix it.

Thanks