DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850n Wireless LAN off and not showing in management

More
29 May 2015 16:00 #1 by nwwt
I have a 2850n with a client which has been working with wireless fine for many months. A day or so ago wireless disappeared both functionally (not showing to users in wireless scans) but also the Wireless LAN heading has disappeared from the web management.

When I telnet into the router the ? command does not show wl in the list as I would expect it to but when I enter wl as a command I do get the list of relevant subcommands for this section (acl, config, set etc) and in addition issuing wl set appears to show that the router thinks wlan is enabled (and shows the correct SSID).

We haven't upgraded the firmware recently to have caused this and have altered no settings at all in the past couple of months. I tried an upgrade ( from 3.6.6.1 to 3.6.8 ) to no avail with the .all file and also tried with a .rst reset and manual re-configure but the Wireless LAN menu is still not showing and wireless is not functioning.

Searching through here I saw someone had a similar issue with a 2830n which apparently was down to an incorrect firmware version (with dual and single band devices). I don't think this applies to the 2850n - certainly there doesn't seem to be alternative firmware files available for me to pick between, correctly or otherwise.

I'm therefore a bit stumped. Any ideas would be most gratefully received!

Jake :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
29 May 2015 19:53 #2 by babis3g
If you can try another PSU

You can also try use the firmware utility tool with the *rst* file extension and downgrade to 3.3.6.1
Then when you see the message router is active now ... load the latest 3.6.8.2
all firmwares here
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2850/Firmware/

If does not works the change of firmwares, contact the support because it may be something wrong with the wifi driver If not appearing in the menus)

More
01 Jun 2015 15:35 #3 by nwwt
Thanks for the advice. I'll give the firmware downgrade/upgrade via TFTP a go but won't get chance to see if that works for a few days as I'll need to get the device sent to me and a temporary router in place as I don't work on-site.

Fingers crossed that will sort the missing Wireless capabilities!