DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Very poor performance on 2760n

• geroi
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jul 2015 20:50 #1 by geroi
Very poor performance on 2760n was created by geroi
I puchased 2760n few days ago for home FTTC broadband. While connected through wifi - every 20-30 seconds ping to router is going up to 3000ms and then dropping altogether for another 20-30 seconds. Same behaviour for all wireless clients. Other computers, connected by wire are fine. I had to revert back to my old but stable setup 2820n + BT Openreach modem.

This is a standard version, not Delight one. Came with slightly outdated firmware (which was even worse) and I've applied whatever is the latest on the website 1.2.1.3. Wifi Performance is still shocking.

I've signed up myself for 'risky' upgrade to Delight version but I haven't received any info as yet. I'm happy to upgrade it as as it stands just now its no use.

Is any one else experiencing same issues ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2015 10:38 #2 by andykent
Replied by andykent on topic Re: Very poor performance on 2760n
I have similar issues with a 2760n. Wired connections seem fine but wireless speeds regularly drop to around 2kbps. When that happens access even to the 2760n's admin pages is next to impossible. It seems to be at its worst when my Trendnet 410AP extender is connected and/or a specific other MacBook in the house is active. Running over ADSL and firmware version is 3.7.8 (so it seems in my case I *am* on Delight).

I'm not that tech savvy when it comes to routers and ADSL so I haven't a clue where to start diagnosing this lot. So I currently have no idea whether it's the Trendnet kit it doesn't like, or my setup, or whatever the specific other MacBook is trying to do, or some flaw within the 2760n itself. Would really appreciate some pointers rather than throwing extenders in the bin or making other random guesses myself.

• geroi
  • Topic Author
More
07 Sep 2015 09:03 #3 by geroi
Replied by geroi on topic Re: Very poor performance on 2760n
Hi Andy,

Welcome in the club.

In my case I logged call with support and demanded upgrade to DrayOK - they discouraged me from doing so as it can damage the router but the upgrade process took 1 minute as I've done it many times before with other hardware.

Since then the router on DrayOS seems a bit better but its far from being perfect as the wifi is still playing up a bit.