DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2925 - 5Ghz WiFi crashes every 10 minutes

• mlcook
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jan 2016 21:52 #7 by mlcook
Thanks for the further help.

Yes, it's an original UK product with the original UK PSU, one of two I sourced from BroadbandBuyer in April 2014. It's currently installed in my flat in Prague, nowhere close to an airport or other radar installation! DFS gone-wrong is a reasonable theory but would only explain a suspension of one minute every 24-hours under normal circumstances I think? One minute in 1440 I can live with. One in 10 I can't.

The Syslog shows nothing but there might be something deeper that will give a clue. Probably I will have to give support a go. The fact they generally suggest the very time consuming approach of going back to factory settings and reconfiguring everything manually as a first option rather than a last resort is a bit of a disincentive. Buying a new access point is a more attractive, if lazy, proposition!

Vax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2016 22:17 #8 by admin
You'll need to speak to international support - support@draytek.com

Forum Administrator

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
12 Feb 2016 17:43 #9 by mbames
I had wifi issues on my 292 using the latest firmware. After a long conversation with support, they gave me some beta firmware which I and several other users have used and it fixed our problems.

Out problems were a little different - with wifi enabled (not 5Ghz), the 2925 would reboot when ever it fancied it. I can provide the link to the beta firmware if you fancy giving it a go. Support claimed it was going to be released, but I don't believe it has been (and that was a good few months ago).