DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n plus crashes when I power on MS surface pro 4

• dontheone
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jan 2016 23:56 #1 by dontheone
My Vigor 2860n-plus has been running stable for many months. It has a 5GHz AP configured with no problems.

Whenever I power on my Microsoft surface pro 4 and connect via the 5GHz WiFi, the router crashes and reboots. This continues for as long as the WiFi on the Surface Pro 4 is enabled. Soon as I disable the WiFi on the Surface, the router runs stable again. :!:

It is obvious that the surface pro 4 WiFi is doing something to cause the router to crash :!: I do not expect a device to be able to cause the router to crash like this. :shock:

Does anyone have any similar experience? :?:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dontheone
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jan 2016 23:59 #2 by dontheone
FYI I have the latest firmware 3.8.2_VT2

More
06 Jan 2016 11:12 #3 by admin3
I recommend configuring the IP address for the wireless connection manually instead of using DHCP to test whether that allows the SP4 to connect without the router restarting, which makes it possible to determine whether this is a DHCP, wireless or other networking issue.

If it doesn't restart with that change then that's good but we recommend reporting the issue to the support team to look into.

Forum Administrator

• maxwellhadley
  • User
  • User
More
20 Feb 2016 12:30 #4 by maxwellhadley
Just a thought - do you have Bonjour enabled on the router? Windows 10 is known to work incorrectly when handling some mDNS queries, try turning Bonjour off and see if that helps (Applications >> Bonjour)!