Guest network seems to still see main network devices

• tcr_busworks
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 May 2016 16:56 #1 by tcr_busworks
Hi,

I'm new to Draytek and non-consumer routers in general, and am trying to set up a guest network so that guests can use our wifi without accessing my server/computer/etc on the main network.

I have a 2860ac, and have gone to the wireless LAN 5ghz general setup and turned on SSID 2 which is auto named guest for me. I've also isolated Member and VPN using the checkboxes. I've then gone to the security tab below and added a password - all so far so good.

I can see it in the list of available wifi networks, I'm asked for a password which connects when I type it in, but when I go to see what computers are on the network, I can see them all...

What have I missed out of the process? Sorry if it is a silly question, I'm used to just having to turn the guest network on and it work..!

Thanks very much,

TCR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2016 18:34 #2 by piste basher
Draytek routers used to have an "isolate LAN" setting in the SSID setup which has it seems now disappeared....

I assign the Guest SSID to VLAN1 (LAN2) and ensure that there is no inter-lan routing to LAN1. You might also want to turn off LAN access control from the other subnets for the router management, if it's turned on.

You might find this useful http://www.i-helpdesk.com.au/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/572/0/configuring-draytek-vigor2830-for-limited-guest-wi-fi-access

I've had a 2860 for a couple of years and am still learning about its capabilities...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.