• mr_nice
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 May 2016 13:14 #1 by mr_nice
Slow Performance was created by mr_nice
So here it goes ....

I have BT Infinity 2 with Home Hub 5 and even though I should be getting 47gb I am lucky to be getting 18gb we had a BT engineer around and he said in a round about way that the Home Hub 5 was the bottleneck and we should look at getting a Draytek 2860AC .....

So now have a Draytek 2860AC and its connected OK, after some research, but the speed when I am using wireless is 18gb and 44gb when I am connected directly to the router

The Mac is 4 feet away from the router and in the same room, if anyone could give some pointers it would really be appreciated ...
Thanks

Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2016 15:44 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Slow Performance
Make sure that your Mac is connecting to the 5GHz band of the 2860ac, the easy way to do that would be to give the 5GHz wireless LAN a different SSID name than the 2.4GHz.
Set the wireless security to WPA2/PSK
Turn on WMM if it's not enabled

Beyond that, try different 5GHz wireless channels; 802.11ac requires 80MHz channels so channels 52+56+60+64 is one 802.11ac 80MHz channel space and should be used less than the default 36+40+44+48 frequency range

Forum Administrator

• mr_nice
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 May 2016 16:11 #3 by mr_nice
Replied by mr_nice on topic Re: Slow Performance
Your a superstar !!

Make sure that your Mac is connecting to the 5GHz band of the 2860ac, the easy way to do that would be to give the 5GHz wireless LAN a different SSID name than the 2.4GHz.
Yes it was on the 5GHz even though I have the same SSID

Set the wireless security to WPA2/PSK
This made a difference got to about 32mb

Turn on WMM if it's not enabled
It was enabled already

Beyond that, try different 5GHz wireless channels; 802.11ac requires 80MHz channels so channels 52+56+60+64 is one 802.11ac 80MHz channel space and should be used less than the default 36+40+44+48 frequency range
Crikey I am now getting 43MB

Thanks again !