AP900 Universal Repeater Mode & IPv6

• gaghalfrunt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Jul 2016 15:41 #1 by gaghalfrunt
AP900 Universal Repeater Mode & IPv6 was created by gaghalfrunt
I currently have a 2860n+ as a router and AP900 in Universal Repeater Mode to deal with a WiFi blackspot. This is actually a temporary situation until I can get some UTP laid in, after which I'll switch the latter to be a standard AP.

It came as quite a shock that IPv6 is working on BT Infinity 2. It is also working fine for clients on the 2860n+ WiFi connections but for some reason not for any clients using the AP900.

Does the AP900 support IPv6 and if so is there anything I need to do to make it work? Apologies in advance as I'm rusty with IPv6 having read about it over 5 years ago as part of my Windows 2008 certs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2016 09:40 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: AP900 Universal Repeater Mode & IPv6
Don't know if this is of help to you but I have an AP900 connected via cable to a 2860. The AP900 is running in AP Bridge -WDS mode. Wifi devices connecting to the AP900 receive both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

• gaghalfrunt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Aug 2016 17:17 #3 by gaghalfrunt
Replied by gaghalfrunt on topic Re: AP900 Universal Repeater Mode & IPv6
Thanks, it might be since the next phase is to move it to a managed AP.

Thing is I can't find anything on the Draytek site about IPv6 support which does make me wonder if the APs even support it. I hope I'm wrong here, especially given Draytek's obvious promotion of IPv6 through the media.