DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Replacing the wifi boards (2820 and 2830) - **SOLVED**

• linker3000
  • Topic Author
More
03 Aug 2016 11:45 #1 by linker3000
Are the wifi boards in the 2820 and 2830 a standard size, are they interchangeable between (single band) those two models and does anyone know of a good source of spares at a reasonable price? As per an earlier post, I have a 2820 and a 2830 where the wifi has simply stopped working - the routers think wifi is present and you can adjust all the parameters but there's no signal. If I can obtain a spare/spares at a decent price I'd try a test by substitution.

Failing that, does anyone have any service manuals or info on CLI wireless debugging and testing to narrow down the problem?

Thanks

Edit 23-SEP-2016: FIXED!!

Both units have an off-the-shelf mini-PCI board - the model is Alpha WMP-N07.

I picked one up off ebay for £3.00 and wifi on the 2830 is working again.

I might do a visual and electrical inspection of the faulty boards, but if I can pick up another one for only a few quid it's not really worth spending too much time on them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2016 16:36 #2 by quickprintoxford
Replied by quickprintoxford on topic Re: Replacing the wifi boards (2820 and 2830) - **SOLVED**
HI,

My wifi is not working on my machine and this post may explain it! Thank you!

Question I have a 2830N V1 (single band) will this make the older single band model dual band ???

Thanks!

BR

D

• linker3000
  • Topic Author
More
22 Oct 2016 22:13 #3 by linker3000

quickprintoxford wrote: HI,

My wifi is not working on my machine and this post may explain it! Thank you!

Question I have a 2830N V1 (single band) will this make the older single band model dual band ???

Thanks!

BR

D

No it won't! I don't have a dual band version to check the wifi board type or see if the baseboard is identical.