Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WIFI disabling itself

• iasupport
  • Topic Author
More
14 Nov 2016 10:03 #1 by iasupport
WIFI disabling itself was created by iasupport
Hi

I've got a 2760 and I've set up the wifi on it. It was working fine and I got all my devices connected, 2 days later the wireless stopped working, no devices could see it at all, went into the web interface and the tick box to enable the wifi was unticked. I enabled it again and everyone started working for another few days and then it went again.

I'm on the latest firmware 3.8.2

Any ideas why the draytek keeps disabling the wifi?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2016 10:15 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: WIFI disabling itself
There is a button on the router itself that when pressed will enable or disable the WiFi of the router. It can be disabled in telnet with the command "wl btnctl", with "wl btnctl 0" disabling the button's functionality.

Forum Administrator

• iasupport
  • Topic Author
More
14 Nov 2016 10:46 #3 by iasupport
Replied by iasupport on topic Re: WIFI disabling itself
I'm not pressing any of the buttons on the router, it sits on a desk on it's own so I don't believe it's getting hit accidentally either.

I've seen another thread with someone else having the same issue and someone suggested changing the channel which I've tried as well.

• sjltech.uk
  • User
  • User
More
15 Nov 2016 21:38 #4 by sjltech.uk
Replied by sjltech.uk on topic Re: WIFI disabling itself
Just a couple of random thoughts...
Next time it happens and you go into the web interface, can you have a look at the System Uptime to see if it's restarted for some reason ?
Wondering if it's restarting and default behaviour is WiFi off for some reason (sorry, don't actually know the 2760), but it would be interesting to find out if a restart is causing the issue, or if it's turning off whilst the router's doing normal service.
Cheers
Simon