• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Dec 2016 15:11 #1 by peterjholland
AP910c and PoE injector constantly rebooting was created by peterjholland
Hi,

has anyone either:
used the Draytek PoE injector with the AP910c?
had issues with the AP910c and PoE in general?

my AP910c is great when plugged into the mains, rock steady.
however i purchased it to go in line with the fire alarm in the hall at the centre of the house so we get decent signal everywhere and not just in one half.

I have checked the network cable i have run is fine, works fine when the 910c is plugged in. I have re-run the cat5e pure copper cable just in case, still exactly the same.

is the injector just rubbish?

cheers

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
17 Dec 2016 13:23 #2 by mbames
Have you tried running it from a shorter length of cat 5 between the AP and the injector - just to rule out cable length. Could be a faulty injector.

• peterjholland
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jan 2017 22:56 #3 by peterjholland
Replied by peterjholland on topic Re: AP910c and PoE injector constantly rebooting
sorry for the slow reply
yes i have tried it over a simple 1m patch cable to no benefit.

I have now actually just gotten fed up and drilled a big enough hole through the ceiling for the power adapter and run mains power to the AP on the ceiling.

oddly, I now still get the same problem of the network connection continually cutting out.

I have changed the cat 5 cable for a new proper 100% copper wire (its around 20m all in) changed the switch that it goes into, and still i get these weird issues
also, updated to the latest firmware.

i'm pretty much out of ideas, maybe theres lead in the ceiling lol

More
04 Jan 2017 10:39 #4 by admin
Well, if it's the same on s different short CAT5 cable then it could be the injector or it could be the PoE splitter module inside the AP - either could have a fault.

Forum Administrator

More
04 Jan 2017 11:31 #5 by g6ifs
Very daft idea but it could be worth changing the RF channels just in case the unit is detecting a constant carrier on the channel and going into reboot in an attempt to clear it?