• baileyphil
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Dec 2016 14:00 #1 by baileyphil
Wireless Segregation was created by baileyphil
Afternoon All

Was wondering if somebody could help me please, i have a Draytek 2860 Router and a AP800 Access Point, the router is managing the AP and im trying to setup a office wifi system and a public wifi system using VLAN and different SSID, now ive managed to get this all working, but i have an issue with one user access my public wifi and at certain times dragging the whole internet speed down.

I was wondering if anyone has come across a way to block one user on the wifi, or even is there a way to disconnect a current user that is connected to my public WiFi network?

i just want a little more power to be able to disconnect a user if they start abusing the WiFi without having to change the SSID password and input it into every other device again.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sjltech.uk
  • User
  • User
More
30 Dec 2016 23:30 #2 by sjltech.uk
Replied by sjltech.uk on topic Re: Wireless Segregation
Hi baileyphil,
Are you thinking/saying it's the SAME user/device accessing your public wifi causing the problem ?
If you can narrow it down to a device, then I would think you could exercise some control via the MAC address.
What I'm thinking about is binding the (known) MAC to an IP address, then using bandwidth limitation and sessions limits against the (bound) IP address.
As I don't have the specific bits of kit you have, I can't be too specific I'm afraid - sorry.
As an afterthought, if it is the same user/device, it might be worth trying to find out what they're up to that's causing your problems, I guess it's possible that they/their device has been infected with something nasty and they're blissfully unaware that they're causing you any problems.
Of course, there are more sinister interpretations, but I don't think "witch hunting" without any evidence is the right way to go (but, that IS just MY opinion on the subject !)
Cheers
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.