DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Band Steering and Airtime Fairness re-enabled automatically!

• eveares
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Mar 2017 19:23 #1 by eveares
Yesterday my network went up the creek big time!

My CAT6 hardwired Windows 10 Pro PC suddenly froze and would not let me access my data on my NAS, even with reboots leading me to a black screen with nothing but the cursor each time. Rebooted Vigor 2860 and all is ok on the hard wired network. However I then noticed my Wi-Fi network had gone up the creek with some devices not connecting at all and some constantly connecting and dropping.

Spent ages and eventually found that Band Steering, Airtime Fairness had both re-enabled them selves on both my Vigor AP902 access points. Also the Pass Phrase for the SSID that solely my Amazon Echo uses had changed it's self/got corrupted as my Echo would not connect. The rest of my Wi-Fi network uses WPA2/802.1X with the internal radius server on my Vigor 2860.

I have since disabled Auto Provisioning on both my AP902's in the hope that was responsible for the odd behaviour. The checkbox for the Default WLAN Profile under "Central Management > AP" on the Vigor 2860 was also not checked.

EDIT: I think the "Auto Provision" checkbox under the Default WLAN Profile's settings on the Vigor 2860 profile may have been enabled though.

Regards: Elliott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.