Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP management and using local device wifi

• mbames
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Sep 2017 12:11 #1 by mbames
I've got a 2925, and ideally I'd like to add a new AP to improve coverage towards the rear of the house. Given I have a 2925 it would be nice to use the AP management feature, but as I understand it, I'd have to buy second AP to replace the wifi which the 2925 will no longer be able to generate?

Is there anyway I can use the AP management features to control additional APs while still managing its own wifi? I suspect not, but it might affect what route I take with this. ie. I might just use my old AP700 and manually config it rather than having to shell out on 2 x AP810s, etc....

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mbames
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Sep 2017 12:02 #2 by mbames
Seems like I might be mistaken, support have got back to me to say that I won't be able to roam between the managed APs and the 2925 but that the 2925s wifi won't be disabled when I use it to manage other devices (810s, etcs).

The lack of roaming between APs/2925 might only be an issue for phone calls, as I have wifi calling enabled on my vodafone mobile, but would be presumably no worse than having non-managed APs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.