Vigor 2830Vn WiFi "No internet" issue

• oabroad
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Sep 2017 20:01 #1 by oabroad
Vigor 2830Vn WiFi "No internet" issue was created by oabroad
Simple home setup, just the router no added APs. Two devices report connected but get no actual service, can't reach NET or LAN.

2 Humax PVRs, one connected via a WiFi dongle, the other by a WiFi bridge (Silvercrest) because I just can't get the other dongle to work.
HP Printer
Desktop PC with a WiFi card
Laptop (Fujitsu Lifebook)

For some reason the laptop appers to connect but reports no internet connection. After a disconnect and reconnect it works fine. The router was connected to internet all the time, so it seems like a WiFi problem but it could be some odd firewall or session thing?

One PVR connects fine via a "dongle".
The other one gets an IP address, reports that it is connected, but is unable to transfer data. It barely "sees" the LAN, occasionally recognising a media server.

What should I be looking for? I think I've tried swapping the dongles on the PVRs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oabroad
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Oct 2017 15:38 #2 by oabroad
Well this morning I tried changing the channel bandwidth setting from 20/40 to 20, and so far everything is working including the RT3070 dongles in the PVRs. Evening now and still going strong.

Incidentally I'm using channel 11.

I also put the 3.6.8.7 firmware on but I doubt that made a difference as I understand the WiFi firmware stays the same revision as it was with 3.6.8.6.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.