• fandans1
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Nov 2017 14:37 #1 by fandans1
AP assisted roaming question was created by fandans1
hello,

I have 2 AP900 and 1 AP902 in my wifi setup. I've set AP assisted roaming to trigger on Minimum Basic Rate and Minimum RSI on all 3 APs.

When I look at the system logs on either of the 2 AP900 APs I can see the 'chatter' in the logs where the other APs are being queried to see if they should disassociate various of the devices attached.

However, on the AP902 logs I'm getting the following 'error' message;

Other device's FW version is out of date (0x1), please update to the latest version.

Now all the devices including the 2860 router in the network are at the latest firmware releases so I know the message is erroneous. My suspicion is that that this is some issue with the fact there are AP900 and AP902 in the network.

I can see in the logs on the 900s there are messages suggesting that devices may roam - I'm not seeing these messages on the 902 - the combination of these messages lead me to ask the following;

Question 1 : Will this prevent any devices connected to the 902 being disassociated and pushed onto one of the 900s?

Question 2 : Also, I assume the 900s are not coming up with the error as they can see each other - however - does this mean that the 900s can only push a device to the other 900? and not the 902?

The 900 were purchased before the 902 model existed, when I needed to extend the network I purchased the lastest AP which was the 902. I'm hoping not to have replace the 900 to get this working across the APs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.