DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2860ac issues with Sky+ app since FW 3.8.6_BT

More
21 Mar 2018 06:32 #1 by gsb1
I use the Sky+ app on my android, which connects to my Sky box planner when I am at home. This all worked fine until I updated my Vigor2860ac to v3.8.6 firmware. Prior to this I *think* I was using 3.8.5 firmware, although may have been 3.8.4.5. Now the app does not see the Sky+ box if I am connected to the 2860's wifi. If I connect via a different wifi AP on my home network it works fine. Even if I connect via VPN from an external wifi network, it works fine. So for sure the 2860 wifi where the issue sits (2.4GHz and 5GHz SSIDs). I have tried disabling DoS defense, but no change. Unfortunately the Draytek is my main AP and the others I have are for extremities of my house. Any ideas please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bookit
  • User
  • User
More
21 Mar 2018 12:15 #2 by bookit
Please see my post "Board index ‹ Vigor Routers ‹ General Product Usage < 2860ac Sky Q and DLNA problem" I guess this is the same SSDP problem.

More
21 Mar 2018 12:19 #3 by gsb1

BookIT wrote: Please see my post "Board index ‹ Vigor Routers ‹ General Product Usage < 2860ac Sky Q and DLNA problem" I guess this is the same SSDP problem.

I already replied in that thread pointing to this. For sure the root cause must be the same. I logged a support case but am yet to hear anything back.

More
22 Mar 2018 19:30 #4 by gsb1
Draytek support have provided FW 3.8.9, which so far looks to solve the problem.

More
22 Mar 2018 19:49 #5 by gsb1

GSB1 wrote: Draytek support have provided FW 3.8.9, which so far looks to solve the problem.

My bad, problem still persists with FW 3.8.9.

• jumpy07
  • User
  • User
More
24 Mar 2018 17:16 #6 by jumpy07
We had major DHCP issues with 3.8.6, was really odd, seemed to effect our SIP phones and Imacs only... PC's and phones were ok...