2860n+ regular Wifi SSID 'disappearance'

• craigbruce
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 May 2018 21:31 #1 by craigbruce
2860n+ regular Wifi SSID 'disappearance' was created by craigbruce
I've recently started noticing both 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSIDs on my 2860n+ (on firmware 3.8.7_BT) 'disappearing'. Sitting less than 2m from the router I find myself suddenly disconnected and neither of the SSIDs broadcast by the router are visible for ~1min. When this happens I have checked both laptop and mobile phone devices and none see any broadcast SSID. The SSID pops back up again of it's own accord and devices reconnect and work fine.

I've been unable to find anything in the syslog or via ssh-ing into the router so somewhat lost on the debug front. Wired connections persist without any issues and changing band/manually specifying 'quiet' bands has made no difference..I've also tried switching off 2.4GHz, but the 5GHz still disappears.

Any debug suggestions welcomed. Reading others experiences it seems it may be worth a factory reset and .rst firmware update followed by applying the backup config (or manually configuring)...something for the weekend perhaps...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2018 22:42 #2 by chiily
Hi,

My 2862ac does the same thing. Both SSIDs just disappear, but don't return, or the SSID's password in the clients become invalid. Both situations require the router to be re-booted. The problem can occur at any time, sometimes a couple of minutes after a reboot, or days.

I have opened a support ticket with support, but for the moment they don't appear to know what the problem is.

Simon

• macximum
  • User
  • User
More
25 May 2018 16:47 #3 by macximum
Replied by macximum on topic Re: 2860n+ regular Wifi SSID 'disappearance'
These recent firmware updates since the WPA2 KRACK fixes, seem to be very problematic, especially with Wi-Fi.
Both 2860's and 2862's are plagued with Wi-Fi issues.

Surely Draytek must be on to something by now.

When I had my 2860ac I downgraded to 3.8.5 and it seemed to improve matters.

• anoracknophobia
  • User
  • User
More
07 Aug 2018 08:37 #4 by anoracknophobia
Replied by anoracknophobia on topic Re: 2860n+ regular Wifi SSID 'disappearance'
see my post “ https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22505

I note that the SSID’s seem to disapear during the evening. I will try and track more precisely when (and how often) it occurs. Also, not sure if it’s related, but I cannot set the time/date of the router.

• anoracknophobia
  • User
  • User
More
07 Aug 2018 08:47 #5 by anoracknophobia
Replied by anoracknophobia on topic Re: 2860n+ regular Wifi SSID 'disappearance'
yesterday at 20:53
sunday 5th @08:21 and 12:57 and 21:29
saturday 4th @ 08:51

2nd AUGUST @ 17:31
1st August @ 21:19

I was able to interigate four IP cameras which log their disconnection from my LAN, they all use ONLY a wifi connection.

More
05 Oct 2018 10:58 #6 by sstickley
Replied by sstickley on topic Re: 2860n+ regular Wifi SSID 'disappearance'
I upgraded to 3.8.9.3_BT last week.... and ever since I have been getting regular Wifi disconnects on both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz for no apparent reason and with no apparent pattern. Very annoying.

I doubt there is a fix on the user side as I believe this is a firmware issue but if anyone has any ideas I'd gratefully hear them