DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2925N + AP

• morris
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2018 16:05 #1 by morris
2925N + AP was created by morris
I have installed a Vigor 2925N in my house, but i have problem with wifi of my access point TP-LINK.

I can connect to SSID of my access point but when i try a speed test, upload is 0. I don't have problem in download, only in upload i have 0 MB/s.

If i remove the Vigor, the wifi work correct (download and upload), when i connect draytek upload return to 0.

- I tried to disabled firewall in the options
- I tried to reboot with factory default and riconfigure the device
- I tried to update firmware
- I tried to change Vigor with the same
- I tried to change Vigor with 2926
- I tried to change access point with another 4/5 device
- I tried to change patch

but i cant resolve this big problem. I must use the wifi of access point with the Vigor in the same network.

This is a map of my network:
Internet --> Draytek Vigor 2925N --> Access Point --> Smartphone/computer (upload 0 MB/s)

What can i do ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
16 Aug 2018 16:20 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2925N + AP
Is the TP-Link acting purely as an Access Point, or does it have any other functionality (such as a DHCP server) enabled?

Are the Vigor and TP-Link using the same RF channels? (I have seen recommendations, that this is how it should be ... but it makes far more sense to me, if they are different)

As a possible workaround, can you use the TP-link as a Wifi Repeater, in conjunction with the Vigor, rather than as an Access Point?

• morris
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2018 16:43 #3 by morris
Replied by morris on topic Re: 2925N + AP

hornbyp wrote: Is the TP-Link acting purely as an Access Point, or does it have any other functionality (such as a DHCP server) enabled?

Are the Vigor and TP-Link using the same RF channels? (I have seen recommendations, that this is how it should be ... but it makes far more sense to me, if they are different)

As a possible workaround, can you use the TP-link as a Wifi Repeater, in conjunction with the Vigor, rather than as an Access Point?

The DHCP server of access point is disabled.
The device use different RF channels.
I try a lot of test but dont' work.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
18 Aug 2018 00:51 #4 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2925N + AP
Just going back to the beginning, for a moment...

morris wrote: If i remove the Vigor, the wifi work correct (download and upload), when i connect draytek upload return to 0.

When you say "remove the vigor", do you mean, just disable its Wifi? ... or something more literal!

also, specifically: what is not working? ... (when you say "upload 0Mbs", that sounds like some specific test).

When it isn't working (i.e. when it's in this 'upload 0' state), what other symptoms are there? (I'm assuming general Web Browsing isn't functional)

For example :-

• Does the client PC/Phone have a valid IP address?

• Can it access the 2925's Web GUI - or any other device on the local LAN(s)

• What about Traceroute to a target on the Internet (for example 8.8.8.8 ) - does that succeed?