DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Member Isolation not working?

• jamtarts
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jan 2019 17:06 #1 by jamtarts
Member Isolation not working? was created by jamtarts
I've got a Draytek 2860 router with several AP 900's connected.

I've configured the wireless network to have Member Isolation enabled however devices are still able to detect each other on the same network. That shouldn't be the case right?

Updating to latest firmware hasn't fixed my issue.

Any ideas on how to isolate the members or does member isolation not prevent network scans from detecting other devices on the wireless network?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 09:40 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Member Isolation not working?
If the VigorAP 900s are on the latest 1.2.5 firmware, check whether the [WLAN] > [Advanced Setting] of isolation between the 2.4GHz & 5GHz bands is enabled, that might help.

Forum Administrator

• jamtarts
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2019 16:58 #3 by jamtarts
Replied by jamtarts on topic Re: Member Isolation not working?

admin3 wrote: If the VigorAP 900s are on the latest 1.2.5 firmware, check whether the [WLAN] > [Advanced Setting] of isolation between the 2.4GHz & 5GHz bands is enabled, that might help.

Yup, the firmware is updated to 1.2.5 and the isolation between 2.4 and 5 is enabled.

• joners
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
17 Jan 2019 17:54 #4 by joners
Replied by joners on topic Re: Member Isolation not working?
Detect or communicate? Client side isolation should be blocking communication between devices. ARP requests will still be broadcast and can reveal other devices on the same network but they shouldnt be able to communicate. This limitation is pretty common and many other vendors have the same issue, Ubiquiti UniFi, Meraki, Xirrus, and Trapeze/Juniper to name a few.