Vigor2862 nd AP910C Offline issue

• phantome46
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Mar 2019 17:35 #1 by phantome46
Vigor2862 nd AP910C Offline issue was created by phantome46
I am pulling my hair out as I cannot seem to make any sense of the issue. My router and AP's (i have 2 in my set up) have been working well until this morning.

I had wifi network cutting in an out but no internet. So I logged onto the router and the internet was connected OK - if I hard wired it was also fine. I then went to the AP management section of the router panel and both AP's were showing RED. So here is where the strange things started. When I looked at the logs both AP's are showing no response and query failure. Both AP's were also sharing the same IP address 192.168.1.2. Normally I have one on 192.168.1.11 and 12 and they connect fine.

I clicked on the password section to check this and even though its correct - they show red offline. If you check status they are showing offline and disabled.

The units themselves are flashing blue lights showing normal operation.

So here is what I have done to resolve the issue - and I'm a novice so sorry.

Firstly I restored the router and AP's to a previous back up to see if that works - failed and still the same

I then did a firmware update on the AP910c's - the issue here was when you upload the software it hangs on the uploading firmware screen and the bar just keeps running and running but never completes. (when you check the logs it says failure to connect)

I then did a factory reset on the AP's holding the switch until the lights turned orange and then loaded and went blue again. With this reset I was expecting to see the 2 access points appear on the AP management tool as new AP910C's but instead they show as the same names as I gave them on my protocol - pantry and AV room. The difference is the name of my network has disappeared and now I see 2 wifi options Draytek and Draytek 5G. I have tried to upload new firmware and again it hangs and doesn't load.

So i'm totally confused and do not have a clue how to resolve the issue - can you please help me out?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.