DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP-903 and ap 802

• g7pkf
  • Topic Author
More
13 Oct 2019 08:40 #1 by g7pkf
AP-903 and ap 802 was created by g7pkf
got 1 ap903 set as mesh root and 3X 802's as nodes. the 802's are wired to backhaul network.

problem is when near an 802 i see the wifi ok but no internet access, only single ssid as i understand the 802 does not work in mesh node with multiple ssid's yet.

anyone any ideas? tried another ap-903 in mesh node in place of an 802 and it works?

Surfing with G.Fast at 330MB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2019 22:26 #2 by clivers
Replied by clivers on topic Re: AP-903 and ap 802
If you have wired the 802's via Ethernet then you should use them in access point mode. The latest firmware supports multi ssids i think.

More
20 Jan 2020 01:52 #3 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: AP-903 and ap 802

clivers wrote: If you have wired the 802's via Ethernet then you should use them in access point mode.

Yet in firmware 1.3.2, there is an option in Mesh >> Mesh Setup | General Setup to select "Wired Uplink"

The manual says:

Check the box if the VigorAP connects to an uplinked mesh root or an uplinked mesh node with an Ethernet cable

(Personally, I can't quite get my head around the concept of a wired Mesh node. )

• g7pkf
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2022 17:52 #4 by g7pkf
Replied by g7pkf on topic Re: AP-903 and ap 802
Thanks I can understand it in the case if the wired side goes down it will mesh vis wi-fi? i don't really get why or why you would mesh a root in any circumstances apart from wired? surely it wouldnt work LOL

Surfing with G.Fast at 330MB

Moderators: Sami