AP 902 Web Interface and Telnet crashing after FW 1.3.0

• xer0w
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Dec 2019 19:19 #1 by xer0w
Hi,

I recently upgraded the firmware on a AP902 to the latest 1.3.0, however since then about every 5 days or so, the web interface becomes unresponsive (just times out on the browser).
On checking however, the following ports are still open, and I can ping the IP:
PORT STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open http
443/tcp open https
515/tcp open printer

Note that Telnet is missing, so I guess this service has crashed too.
The APs Wi-Fi is still working and servicing connections, I just cant manage it which a right pain as I have to go and power cycle the thing every 5 days.

I cant find anything about this issue on these forums so was hoping someone might have some more information before I start troubleshooting myself and factory resetting everything. In case this is a FW bug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2019 09:37 #2 by piste basher
I run two AP902s with 1.3.0 and I'm afraid that all I can tell you is that mine don't do that. I only use them on 2.4GHz, with 5Ghz disabled if that's of any relevance (I gave up trying to get 5GHz to work properly with iOS devices).

• xer0w
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Dec 2019 10:28 #3 by xer0w
Ok thanks I appreciate the response.

I have done some further investigation and it looks like a memory leak issue, I see the following entries in the log quite frequently:
Code:
Out of memory: Kill process 1039 (goahead) score 25 or sacrifice child & Out of memory: Kill process 38 (nvram_daemon) score 1 or sacrifice child

goahead is the embedded web server so that explains that, but it isn't always this process that gets killed, so there is clearly a major issue with this firmware, don't people test things anymore!