Vigor 2926 wifi issue

• xendistar
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Dec 2019 22:11 #1 by xendistar
Vigor 2926 wifi issue was created by xendistar
The problem, a laptop (win10) on my network has very poor wifi access, the laptop used to have good access but now the download speed is anywhere between 1Mbps to 5Mbs and quite often the upload speed will exceed the download speed. Neither the router or the laptop have moved location since the router was setup back in early December, when it was setup I was getting around 80 to 90Mbps, (I have a 100Mbps connection which quite often measure at 110Mbps). My phone can still record speeds of 80Mbps over wifi when tested next to the laptop. All other devices with Wifi access are working on the wifi with out issue.

To date, I have uninstalled the wifi device on the laptop, installed basic windows drivers, laptop manufacturer drivers, and wifi adapter manufacturer drivers, all give the same poor result. I have tested the laptop with a USB Wifi adapter (disabling the onboard device) but get the same poor results. The onboard wifi adaptor is a broardcom device.

On the Wireless 2.4Ghz LAN, I have the channel set to auto but when I check with the Inssider or Acrylic Wifi analyser they are show that I am using two channels like 6 + 10, I have tried selecting individual channels but it always comes back showing it covering two channels. It has been suggested that this is not a good option and that I should allocate the router to a single channel, is there an option to do so.

I appreciate the above all seems to point towards a laptop\OS issue, but I just want to make sure I am not missing anything before I commit to a OS reinstall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.