• nicky.mckenzie3
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jan 2020 12:13 #1 by nicky.mckenzie3
How to add unifi AP's to draytek vigor 2860 was created by nicky.mckenzie3
Hello all,

I have a vigor 2860 I am using as a router and two 48 port unifi switches (one is POE) and 4 unifi AP's. I want to add the unifi access points to the network through the AP discovery section on the draytek but it only seems to come up with already used AP's? How do I add a currently unused unifi AP to this network?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
28 Jan 2020 19:44 #2 by hornbyp
In the absence of a response from anyone with specific knowledge of this brand...

My AP903 and AP802 turned up (uninvited!) on my 2860n - presumably because "Enable Access Point Management" and "Enable Auto provision" were set by default (I thought they were needed for the Mesh functionality).

Perhaps the Unifi AP works the same way, but the default is "off" instead?

I've not read all the way through, but is this ( https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012240067-UniFi-How-to-Enable-Remote-Access-for-Remote-Management ) pertinent?

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
29 Jan 2020 14:04 #3 by hornbyp
Coincidentally, I've just been playing around with VigorConnect , in concert with the AP903 and AP802.

It seems that the management happens via TR-069, but Vigorconnect was able to set this up itself (presumably using the Draytek web interface on the routers- which, of course, it will have intimate knowledge of).

So perhaps you just need to manually configure TR-069 on the Unifi APs. Perhaps clone the settings from the working ones?