4g Hotspot Vigor 2860ac issues

• legal
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Mar 2020 15:29 #1 by legal
4g Hotspot Vigor 2860ac issues was created by legal
Hi - I use a 4g phone as a backup connection on my Vigors using WAN2. This is working fine with a 2860n, and pc's can tether direct to the smartphone no problem...but with the 2860ac the WAN2 simply does not come up despite the configuration being the same as on the 2860n! Both have the latest firmware applied - I thought the 2860ac had been working previously (before the latest firmware) but haven't checked for a few months so can't be certain.
Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2020 16:03 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 4g Hotspot Vigor 2860ac issues
I have some thoughts but I doubt that they will help - I do the same as you with a 2926ac and an Android phone. The WAN2 connection has a mind of its own - it will stay up for many hours, then drop and come back on at some later time. The connections/disconnections appear to be random. The router and phone are about 5 feet apart. Very annoying.

• legal
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Mar 2020 16:11 #3 by legal
Replied by legal on topic Re: 4g Hotspot Vigor 2860ac issues
Yes this is with an android phone also, but just wont connect at all. Anything in your settings that you think I should check out? Thanks.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
20 Mar 2020 01:09 #4 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 4g Hotspot Vigor 2860ac issues
Can you configure both units to log to a SYSLOGrd server? (I'm not convinced the built-in thing works anything like as well...).

You may be able to compare-and-contrast the two, to spot the difference.

Inbound Wifi connections appear on the "User Access" tab, but it may be on the "WAN" tab in your case.

More
20 Mar 2020 09:02 #5 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 4g Hotspot Vigor 2860ac issues
I can force the WAN2 connection to re-establish by disabling 5GHz wifi (that's the band I'm using) and then re-enabling it. I've set the syslog server to my NAS so I'll see what transpires...

• legal
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Mar 2020 10:53 #6 by legal
Replied by legal on topic Re: 4g Hotspot Vigor 2860ac issues
Thanks will check out disabling ac - after all that is the difference between the routers!! Thanks.