DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Adding 2862Lac into existing AP903 mesh

• laeupd
  • Topic Author
More
03 Apr 2020 12:17 #1 by laeupd
Having just downloaded the latest firmware (3.9.2_BT) for my 2862Lac router I see I can now include this in my AP903 (1.35) mesh. Until this point Wifi was disabled on my 2862Lac as this was not possible. Can someone please talk me through the steps for doing this as I am having a nightmare even trying to set up a test mesh on the 2862Lac as it locks up router when discovering meshable devices. Please note all my discoverable AP 903 devices are happy working in their own mesh currently.

Thanks Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2020 12:44 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Adding 2862Lac into existing AP903 mesh
I tried this (briefly) with a 2926ac (3.9.3) and AP903s. The router did not lock up but it didn't seem to find any of the APs, although I didn't persevere as it was only configurable as a mesh root and I didn't want the root where the router is. I gave in and constructed a mesh with AP903s, leaving the router out of it altogether. Part of the reason for that was that if I had more than 1 SSID configured on the router it would not maintain a stable connection to a 4G phone as WAN2. With only 1 SSID and no other "wifi duties" the WAN2 connection is rock solid.

• laeupd
  • Topic Author
More
03 Apr 2020 14:08 #3 by laeupd
Replied by laeupd on topic Re: Adding 2862Lac into existing AP903 mesh
Thats pretty much the configuration I have now although I have now problem with multiple SSID's on the 2862 even with LTE in constant use. The thing is my router is perfectly placed to be an AP in the mesh (root or otherwise) and I can then use the free'd up 903 elsewhere.

Moderators: Sami