DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WLAN Profile Changes on 2862 after 3.9.3?

• dolphsps
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Apr 2020 23:12 #1 by dolphsps
Evening all,

I have a 2862 and 3 access points picked up over time (710, 810 and 902) that I manage with a WLAN profile. It used to be a 3 screen configuration setup with options for multiple SSIDs etc but I am now limited to a single page with basic configuration details only (only one SSID for instance).

Has something changed that isn't referenced in the release notes for the firmware or have I completely lost the plot? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dolphsps
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Apr 2020 16:37 #2 by dolphsps
Replied by dolphsps on topic Re: WLAN Profile Changes on 2862 after 3.9.3?
Hi - realised this was more of a bug than anything else so have raised a ticket with support. They have just accepted it so will post an update when I hear something back.

More
27 Apr 2020 13:18 #3 by admin
I'm not sure it's a bug, just a change. I think if you use the Vigorconnect software, you can have multiple - it's much more comprehensive.

Forum Administrator

• dolphsps
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Apr 2020 14:29 #4 by dolphsps
That's possible but if indeed a change then it isn't referenced or described in the release notes. The current documentation for the 2862 also still states there are 3 pages for WLAN configuration.

The Draytek support team have accepted the ticket at the moment so will update once I hear back. I'll have a look at VigorConnect though.

• dolphsps
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 May 2020 11:47 #5 by dolphsps
Hi. Draytek support have come back and said that using VigorConnect is the way forward but that they will look at updating their documentation.

More
22 Jun 2020 11:39 #6 by clivers
Replied by clivers on topic Re: WLAN Profile Changes on 2862 after 3.9.3?

Dolphsps wrote:
Hi. Draytek support have come back and said that using VigorConnect is the way forward but that they will look at updating their documentation.

Looks like it will be back from 3.9.5

IMPORTANT NOTICE : Central AP Management
The 3.9.3 and 3.9.4 firmwares simplify AP Management Profiles for full compatibility with the new Mesh Root functionality. The changes limit AP Profile management to a single SSID only.
Continue to use the 3.9.2 firmware if using Central AP Management with multiple SSIDs or VLANs configured. The 3.9.5 firmware release will re-instate the full AP Management Profile feature-set