• mmcdona6
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Oct 2020 12:28 #1 by mmcdona6
No channel 6 on AP910C was created by mmcdona6
Hi there,

I’m having some problems with my AP910C access points. I am trying to set the 2.4Ghz wifi channels to 1, 6 and 11 on different access points. No problem with channels 1 and 11, but whenever I set any of the access points to channel 6, whilst the access point itself reports that it is using channel 6, when I go near to the access point using my wifi scanner app on my phone, my phone does not see any wifi on that channel.

Is there a common mistake I might have made here? I have not hidden the SSID or anything like that.

The access points are on the latest firmware (1.3.2) although the problem happened on previous firmware’s too. I am also using a 2860 router and 2 x P2261 switches, all on the latest firmware.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• colinjmair
  • User
  • User
More
21 Oct 2020 17:50 #2 by colinjmair
Replied by colinjmair on topic Re: No channel 6 on AP910C
If you login in to one of the APs that are using channel 1 or 11 and do an AP discovery scan, what channel does it say it is detecting from the AP that should be on 6 ?

regards

Colin

• mmcdona6
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Oct 2020 13:33 #3 by mmcdona6
Replied by mmcdona6 on topic Re: No channel 6 on AP910C
Thanks for getting back to me

When I log into the access point which uses Channel 1 and do a 2.4Ghz AP Discovery scan, I see the access point transmitting on Channel 11 OK, but I do not see the access point transmitting on channel 6 in the list

If I login to the access point fixed to Channel 6 and change the channel to 'Autoselect', then return to the first access point and redo the AP Discovery, then I can see the other access point (now transmitting on channel 3)

• colinjmair
  • User
  • User
More
23 Oct 2020 10:33 #4 by colinjmair
If you go into the advanced settings and use the Auto Channel filter, to block all channels but No. 6, on the AP you want on 6, select Autodetect and reboot the AP.
Does that force it to use channel 6 ?
Do you have the correct country code, in the advanced settings, on the AP that won't use channel 6 ?

regards

Colin

• mmcdona6
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Oct 2020 10:58 #5 by mmcdona6
Replied by mmcdona6 on topic Re: No channel 6 on AP910C

colinjmair wrote:
If you go into the advanced settings and use the Auto Channel filter, to block all channels but No. 6, on the AP you want on 6, select Autodetect and reboot the AP.
Does that force it to use channel 6 ?
Do you have the correct country code, in the advanced settings, on the AP that won't use channel 6 ?

regards

Colin

It only allows you to filter out up to 10 channels, so you cannot filter out all but No 6. When I tried filtering out 10 channels it automatically chose channel 12.

What is the correct country code? None of my access points have anything entered in this field. I am in the UK

• colinjmair
  • User
  • User
More
23 Oct 2020 13:23 #6 by colinjmair
GB is what should be in the country code, if you are in the uk.
If, on the AP you want on channel 6, you go into Diagnostics, Interference Monitor, pick All Channels, and click refresh on the 24GHz band, does it see high utilisation or energy on Channel 6 ?

regards

Colin