Seamless Wireless Site-Wide

• jonathansouth
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Nov 2020 06:30 #1 by jonathansouth
Seamless Wireless Site-Wide was created by jonathansouth
Apologies if this has been convered many times already...

I'm hoping for advice on the Draytek products and features needed to achieve a seamless site-wide wireless experience at home. I have a Draytek Vigor 2760n wireless ADSL router and recently purchased a VigorAP 912c wireless access point; I have a small Netgear PoE switch which I may use to power the AP. The amibtion is to have a single SSID that covers my whole house and the garden using these items so that a laptop or phone can roam from all reaches of the property and have a stable wireless connection - currently only the ground floor and a bit of the 1st floor can see the home WiFi SSID with a reasonable signal strength. I'm using a pre-shared key for authentication.

I'm not sure what the best solution would be: repeater, bridge, upgrade the router to a model that supports AP Management or mesh network?... I'm not adverse to running Cat5 cables through the house to link the Vigor 2760n (via the PoE switch) to ensure the router and AP are in the opposite corners of the house to give a broad WiFi coverage, but I don't know what configuration is optimum thereafter.

Any help/advice/suggestions based on your home/SOHO set-up would be very much welcome.

Thanks,
Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.