DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Managing mesh nodes

More
11 Mar 2021 08:42 #7 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Managing mesh nodes
Just to add to the above comments, various Draytek "Mesh" (should that be "Mess"?) units are, apparently, not compatible with each other - for example the AP960C cannot be used in a mesh with the AP903 nor with the 2927ac - both fairly up to date units.

According to Draytek's own "support lists" the 2927ac only supports the AP903, and the AP960c is not compatible with either the 2927ac or the AP903.

After some fiddling I have seemingly managed to persuade a root 2927ac to add an AP960c to a mesh of AP903s. However, "basic config sync" from the root does not actually send anything to the nodes (even though the 2927 is supposedly compatible with the AP903).

Ridiculous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2021 22:40 #8 by carguy143
Replied by carguy143 on topic Re: Managing mesh nodes

Piste Basher wrote:
Just to add to the above comments, various Draytek "Mesh" (should that be "Mess"?) units are, apparently, not compatible with each other - for example the AP960C cannot be used in a mesh with the AP903 nor with the 2927ac - both fairly up to date units.

According to Draytek's own "support lists" the 2927ac only supports the AP903, and the AP960c is not compatible with either the 2927ac or the AP903.

After some fiddling I have seemingly managed to persuade a root 2927ac to add an AP960c to a mesh of AP903s. However, "basic config sync" from the root does not actually send anything to the nodes (even though the 2927 is supposedly compatible with the AP903).

Ridiculous.

I have just successfully set up the AP802 with my 2927. I had to do it the manual way as the Draytek wireless app isn't compatible with the 2927. It's messy, but thankfully I got it working.

More
19 Mar 2021 09:00 #9 by piste basher
Does your 2927 send the Config sync to the 802 (assuming that you want it to) ?

My 2927 doesn't send the config to my 903s even though they are the only AP in it's "support list" :roll:

More
19 Mar 2021 15:23 #10 by carguy143
Replied by carguy143 on topic Re: Managing mesh nodes

Piste Basher wrote:
Does your 2927 send the Config sync to the 802 (assuming that you want it to) ?

My 2927 doesn't send the config to my 903s even though they are the only AP in it's "support list" :roll:

That is something it seems a little fussy with. It passes over the basic settings but not all the WLAN settings for some reason.

More
26 Mar 2021 09:20 #11 by piste basher
Disappointing to see that the latest firmware for the 2927 and 903 (and 960C) has not addressed the issue of the mesh APs not reporting any clients to the 2927 mesh root, the wirelessly connected mesh AP never showing as "green" in the mesh status, and the failure of the root to send any config to the APs.

Bizarrely those features worked on the older 2926 :roll: How can Draytek screw this up on their updated model?

One might almost think that Draytek don't actually test their kit before releasing it to market.... :roll:

I've submitted a support ticket so will report back with their response.....

More
01 Apr 2021 10:51 #12 by piste basher
After trying, and failing, to resolve my mesh issues with an online session support have sent me an RC version of new firmware for the 2927ac.

It appears to work OK - mesh status and syncing all working as they should now.