AP900 no longer supported?

• fitzroypc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jan 2021 16:12 #1 by fitzroypc
AP900 no longer supported? was created by fitzroypc
Having had a network of a 2960 router and three AP900s working happily for about 5 years, I went to upgrade the software and found that the AP900 had no software loads listed on the update page and the AP900 is listed as discontinued on distributors' websites. What's the reason for this, and do I need to consider replacing them with AP903s ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jan 2021 17:44 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: AP900 no longer supported?

FitzroyPC wrote:
I went to upgrade the software and found that the AP900 had no software loads listed on the update page and the AP900 is listed as discontinued on distributors' websites. What's the reason for this

" All good things, unto an end must come " :wink:

The most recent firmware appears to be V1.2.5 (Oct 2018). See: https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/legacy-products/legacy-vigorap/vigor-ap900

and do I need to consider replacing them with AP903s ??

Draytek seem to be much better than many manufacturers at releasing Security fixes for their old products, but it's probably not reasonable to expect any new functionality...

Unless there's some 'must have' feature that's present in the AP903 (WPA3?, Mesh support?, 802.11ac support), I see no reason to stop using them yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.