DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

AP903 dropping off network

More
21 May 2021 21:15 #7 by j1mbo
Replied by j1mbo on topic Re: AP903 dropping off network
I see this in 2865ac AP management logs for an AP903:

Code:
2021-05-21 21:04:30 [APM] [(removed)] GET temper/traffic data success 2021-05-21 21:05:22 [APM] [(removed)] has no response 2021-05-21 21:05:22 [APM] [(removed)] Query Status failed 2021-05-21 21:09:32 [APM] [(removed)] GET temper/traffic data success

The device flicks between offline and online also in the GUI and like yours, is in AP mode with static IP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2021 08:26 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: AP903 dropping off network
I don't know what a 2986ac is but is there any chance both devices are in mesh mode and you have created a loop ? If I do that with my Zyxel switch it cuts power to the AP entirely, but maybe other switches don't?

More
22 May 2021 08:40 #9 by j1mbo
Replied by j1mbo on topic Re: AP903 dropping off network
Sorry 2865 - corrected post. Pinging it from the router shows drops. It's in AP mode and running 1.4.1. I'm testing another one, maybe it (or it's PSU) is simply faulty and perhaps this is why my testing of mesh mode ended badly.

• teruel
  • Topic Author
More
22 May 2021 21:31 #10 by teruel
Replied by teruel on topic Re: AP903 dropping off network
Thanks your responses.

I was on-site with problem today.

I used Advanced IP Scanner (as suggested by Pete).

The AP showed up.

All devices trying to connect wirelessly to it reported "can't connect"

I was able to login today. I changed the IP and that seemed to have worked! All devices could then connect.

BTW, the IP change does not happened until I physically rebooted the device using the power button.

Strange!

More
23 Sep 2021 01:08 #11 by happychap
Replied by happychap on topic Re: AP903 dropping off network
I might be experiencing similar behaviour, although for us it's only the Wifi service on the AP903 that seems to drop off intermittently (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz).

We're only using low 5GHz channels, so listening checks on military/weather radar are not the issue.

The Application service to turn Wifi on/off depending on successful ping of another IP is not enabled, so it's not that.

AP903 is up and responsive from a wired LAN connection, but has disconnected all Wifi clients and only other odd symptom is AP903 is reporting very high memory usage (95%+).

Only solution we've found is to physically reboot or power cycle the AP903, after which it comes back to life and works normally again for a while.

Running latest firmware (1.4.2 at the time of writing).

Did you discover what the cause of your drop outs was?

Thanks, HC.

More
10 Oct 2021 16:14 #12 by wizbongre
Replied by wizbongre on topic Re: AP903 dropping off network
Some of your symptoms sound very similar to mine, albeit I mostly only have issues with iOS devices - https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=24346

Moderators: Sami