DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Consistent issues with iOS devices - 2860n-plus + 903

More
30 Sep 2021 12:08 #13 by piste basher
Just a thought - are you using "strong" passwords on your SSID's?

One of the previous issues I had was iPhones saying that they couldn't connect because of "wrong password" - when the password was most assuredly not wrong.

Might be worth trying a simple password, if you're not already doing so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wizbongre
  • Topic Author
More
10 Oct 2021 16:09 #14 by wizbongre
Interesting. Is there a specific iOS error to say the password is wrong, or just the same generic "Cannot connect" message?

I've set my 3 AP's to reboot at 4am every day for the time being. Its made some improvement but I'm still seeing the same random drop outs.

Its beyond annoying.

More
10 Oct 2021 17:45 #15 by piste basher
If I remember correctly they would pop up "Unable to Connect - Wrong Password" . If I then entered the password, which was exactly the same as the one already present, they would connect. I can only assume that there was some sort of glitch in the handshaking between iOS and Draytek.

• wizbongre
  • Topic Author
More
11 Oct 2021 09:38 #16 by wizbongre
That is something I do recall experiencing too, actually. I found I had to "forget network" and then re-connect from scratch, but it wouldn't always guarantee a successful connection.

There's definitely something amiss with connectivity to these devices...

More
11 Oct 2021 10:33 #17 by timo_w2s
I also used to get an occasional "Wrong Password" error on iOS devices but I haven't seen that issue for over a year. For me, it would usually just re-connect itself eventually or right away if I selected the network again in the wifi settings. I always thought it was an issue when jumping between APs but couldn't be sure, particularly as I was mixing TP-Link APs with a Draytek router's built-in wifi. This was a problem at several locations with similar setups but for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to be an issue anymore.

By the way, my wifi password was (and still is) over 60 characters long when this was an issue.

More
16 Oct 2021 19:25 #18 by jadzy
i had an issue like this. Never proved it, but strongly suspected it to be corruption of the mesh settings over the wired lan. The cat5 (not cat5e) was flapping between 1g and 100mbit with presumably a high error rate. changed cable (run across the floor of the house as a test) and it was fine. changed switch at one end (link stopped flapping) and it was also fine. it was like there is no error checking on what comes over the wire for mesh config sync of the password. so any old rubbish was getting stored as the wifi password in one the ap903 that was having issue with its cat5. only seemed to impact the wifi password though, all the rest of the config was fine?!?!

power cycle the 903 and it'd sort itself out for a while. or just power it off so iphone/ipad would find another mesh node to use, and that was fine too. though with a weaker signal as the node was further away.

got some cat6a to run in to replace all my aged cat5. showing its age now.

forgot to add. i've also scheduled the ap903 to all reboot once a week during the early hours. but since i changed the switch the ap903 is connected via, its all been good.

Moderators: Sami