DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Arlo and Draytek WiFi

More
06 Nov 2021 18:04 #13 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: Arlo and Draytek WiFi
Draytek's 5GHz WiFi is still showing as channel 120 on its web GUI page, but two apps (WiFiAnalyser and Ubiquiti's WiFiman [!]) are still showing channel 52. I thought WiFiAnalyser was wrong and that's why I put the other one on.

I wonder if my WiFi interference isn't Arlo's induced but comes from a neighbour downstairs; he's some kind of fire commander so maybe has to use radar technology in his flat to communicate with others.

He told me he has some kind of communication device in his car but not sure if it's on all the time. He certainly has to charge its battery from time to time, and that's how he ended up talking about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2021 18:25 #14 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Arlo and Draytek WiFi

edinburgh wrote:
Draytek's 5GHz WiFi is still showing as channel 120 on its web GUI page, but two apps (WiFiAnalyser and Ubiquiti's WiFiman [!]) are still showing channel 52.

I seem to recall a similarly confusing state of affairs on my Vigor AP903. (The AP903 had correctly documented its change of channel via SYSLOG - I have both NATS and Weather Radar stations in the locality).

Also - a point to remember about WifiAnalyser etc on Android...
...from about Android 7 onwards (I think) restrictions were put in place, as to how often these apps are allowed to query the config. This can lead to a lengthy delay between an actual channel change and it being displayed. (I don't think WifiAnalyser has been updated for many moons either). (It still works really well, on an old Android 6 tablet of mine!)

The only workaround is to find the app in 'Settings' and select "FORCE STOP".

More
07 Nov 2021 23:12 #15 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: Arlo and Draytek WiFi
Cheers.

So, Draytek is still reporting as broadcasting on channel 120, but WiFiMan is still showing it on channel 52. This has been for more than 24 hours now. I've selected 'force stop' in WiFiMan, but it makes no difference. I could write to Draytek to seek clarification, but their customer supports has gone downhill recently big time: I've now been waiting for over two weeks for that manager's call, and that's following being in touch by email with the manager himself to arrange the call.

Anyways, since Draytek started broadcasting on channel 120, things have improved in terms of the issue of Arlo's interference. I've also put both the Draytek router and the Arlo basestation as far away from each other as I could. However, when we watched catchup TV last night, I noticed there is now interference between Devolo and Arlo, so will need to attend to that, too. Unless, it's something else that interferes with the signal here.

Thank you for all your help, hornbyp.

Moderators: Sami