1060c performance

• nieldm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Aug 2022 08:51 #1 by nieldm
1060c performance was created by nieldm
Wanting to 'simplify' my environment somewhat, I am testing a 1060c alongside my existing Unifi wifi6 (U6-Lite) access point. Never seeming to get a connection to the U6-Lite above about 350Mbps, I was also hoping to get wifi performance that would enable me to make best use of the 1gb FTTP connection the nice people from Openreach recently installed. I am using a Draytek 2926 with hardware acceleration enabled. A wired connection to the router gives me about 980Mbps, which I will take.

In the same room as the 1060c I am getting a full speed (for my 2015 Macbook Pro, 802.11ac) 1300Mbps link to the 1060c, so far so good. Using the built in Speed Test on the AP, however, it isn't showing me more than about 90Mbps, with the internet connectivity via Speedtest.net being about the same...unsurprisingly. The Cisco switch to whick the AP is connected tells me the device is connecting at 1000M, but to be safe I tried a new ethernet cable with the same result.

I am aware that wifi speeds are a bit of a black art and I am no more than a keen amateur wanting to get the most of out of the equipment. Is there anything obvious I am missing or should try? All advice, even of the "you are a moron because....." variety welcome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.