WiFi 6E

• chainsawdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Sep 2022 22:36 #1 by chainsawdude
WiFi 6E was created by chainsawdude
Can anyone say what plans Draytek has to support WiFi 6E ?

I know Draytek has only recently added WiFi 6 but I understand WiFi 6E is a big step up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2022 08:43 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: WiFi 6E
They haven't even got wifi 6 working properly in their much-vaunted "mesh" systems yet :roll:

I suspect the general consensus here would be to forget about Draytek wifi and use other makes for the wireless side of things (I'm still soldiering on with Draytek and doubt if I'd see any benefit from wifi 6E at the moment anyway).

More
30 Sep 2022 08:31 #3 by desquinn
Replied by desquinn on topic Re: WiFi 6E
unfortunately would second that approach as we are nearly there. Bought a couple of UNIFIs for when my next set of Drayteks act up..... AX routers not being able to use WIFI WAN option was also a kick in the balls and left us redeploying a few of them.

Des Quinn

More
30 Sep 2022 12:38 #4 by pharcyder
Replied by pharcyder on topic Re: WiFi 6E
+1. Invested £100s in a few 903s. Wireless Mesh just didn't work at and at the time I had real problems with iOS devices connecting.

Not sure if the situation has improved but I'm not prepared to invest more money to find out. I hear good things about UniFi APs.

• chainsawdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Oct 2022 18:55 #5 by chainsawdude
Replied by chainsawdude on topic Re: WiFi 6E

Piste Basher wrote:
I suspect the general consensus here would be to forget about Draytek wifi and use other makes for the wireless side of things (I'm still soldiering on with Draytek and doubt if I'd see any benefit from wifi 6E at the moment anyway).

I expect a router to last 5 years so I don't want to invest in old tech. In 5 years time I expect WiFi 6E will be ubiquitous.

pharcyder wrote:
I hear good things about UniFi APs.

I understand UniFi is only for businesses "enterprise networks". As a home user I have thought about ASUS? but I have got used to the Draytek interface.