DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2927ax Wi-Fi dropouts

• dtnewbie
  • Topic Author
More
25 Oct 2022 15:51 #1 by dtnewbie
2927ax Wi-Fi dropouts was created by dtnewbie
A few times every day my Wi-Fi disappears. All laptops/smartphones lose their connection and the SSIDs cannot be seen. Minutes later they auto connect or I see the SSID appear and manually reconnect.

Draytek logged into my router when I was having almost zero upload speed on LAN and Wi-Fi. They checked settings and installed Firmware 4.4.2_RC6.

Since then I have moved all clients onto 5GHz Wi-Fi - separate SSIDs for guest (isolate member) and non-guest. Channel is set to 36 and there's nothing under Access Point Discovery.

This is becoming a real nuisance and I haven't seen anything to help when I've searched online.

Any suggestions what I can check or change please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dtnewbie
  • Topic Author
More
26 Oct 2022 11:05 #2 by dtnewbie
Replied by dtnewbie on topic Re: 2927ax Wi-Fi dropouts
In case this helps I use Microsoft Teams a lot for work on one of the laptops. This is when I notice the dropouts most, although may not be the cause, and it is seriously affecting my work - had very interrupted presentations already in first hour of the day.

Let me know if providing any of my router configuration details will help narrow down this fault. And whether there's any logs where I can look for problems.

Thanks in advance.

• piste basher
  • Away
More
26 Oct 2022 14:10 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2927ax Wi-Fi dropouts
Hard to know what to suggest - I have a 2927ax but also have a mesh of 3 AP960Cs, so if the router wifi disappears on occasion I may not be aware of it. I do know that I tried 4.4.2 from the Taiwan site (it allegedly adds mesh capability to the 2927ax but I couldn't get the search/add function to find any of my APs) and if I tried AP discovery on 5GHz it resulted in nothing being reported in the "box" and the GUI becoming unresponsive, necessitating a power-off reboot. So I went back to 4.4 - can't say I've ever had slow upload on wired or wireless LANs with that.

More
26 Oct 2022 22:59 #4 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: 2927ax Wi-Fi dropouts
I had that on my 2762. The support said it had to do with radar detection when using the 5GHz WiFi. And this is discussed in the manual.

However, I'm not that convinced that this kind of WiFi disappearance is solely to do with radar detection, especially that my Fritzbox and Devolo both do radar detection but it's not noticeable at all.

• dtnewbie
  • Topic Author
More
26 Oct 2022 23:47 #5 by dtnewbie
Replied by dtnewbie on topic Re: 2927ax Wi-Fi dropouts
I can't find any settings on my 2927ax for DFS (radar detection) even after setting the country code to GB or UK.

I have reduced the 2.4GHz and 5GHz modes to exclude 11ax. But the frequency of dropouts is increasing.

Pulling my hair out and getting close to considering another make of router which supports vLANs :-(

• piste basher
  • Away
More
27 Oct 2022 09:06 #6 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2927ax Wi-Fi dropouts
There are no "settings" for the DFS - it kicks in when you use certain numbered channels on 5GHz (from memory I recall it's the higher numbers)