Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

No internet on 5Ghz WLAN in universal repeater

• theaon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
11 Dec 2022 23:12 #1 by theaon
Hi. I'm running a Vigor 2860 router and AP900.
I have the AP900 5Ghz WLAN set up in universal repeater mode.
When I connect to the AP WLAN, I get no internet connection. I can't even ping the 2860 router.
But when I connect to the AP using an ethernet connection I can access the router and internet.
I've checked and double checked the repeater settings.
I've re-run the setup several times using this guide: https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-wireless-lan-universal-repeater .
but I can't get it to work.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2022 09:19 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: No internet on 5Ghz WLAN in universal repeater
I note that the Draytek guide you refer to only mentions 2.4Ghz - perhaps the repeater mode doesn't work on 5GHz?

• theaon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Dec 2022 10:20 #3 by theaon
It has screens in the admin portal to set up 5Ghz in UR mode and the the manual* has a section "3.10 Wireless LAN (5GHz) Settings for Universal Repeater Mode", so I don't think that's the issue.

*Manual: https://fw.draytek.com.tw/VigorAP%20900/Manual/DrayTek_UG_VigorAP%20900_V2.0.pdf

• ninja365
  • User
  • User
More
16 Dec 2022 17:17 #4 by ninja365
Just a thought..... Your 2860 is an AC one isn't it...... If it isn't then there is no channel for the UR to latch onto.

Are both devices using the latest firmware?

Joe.

More
15 Jan 2024 15:55 #5 by munchin
You might have it fixed by now but just an idea as I'm not sure if a router knows ur connected via 5GHz and if it applies router rules to it the 5G may be set as not connected to same LAN.

I found with my router I could not get internet using 5G connection but then found I had not added the 5GHz LAN to the router VLAN config. This fixed it for me but I think I was connecting to the router 5G and not the AP 5G?

Hope it helps.